Examples Wanted: Usages of "body" as a Symbol Name

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 12:02:02 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 18:41:02 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2016-10-05 19:14, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>
>> Agreed - I have exactly the same problem with "version", which
>> is also
>> really common for, well, to hold a version number of a
>> component. Body
>> is annoying too.
>>
>> But, can keywords actually sanely be removed from the language
>> without
>> breaking the world?
>
> In Ruby most keywords are not reserved words. a.`def`()

D context free grammar allow fast highlighting. I understand that
people who write scripts think that it won't change
anything...but it's not the reality. D is a system programming
language, people who use D can deal with code base > 60 Kloc. And
we don't want to see such a change because you can't use "body"
in your student project.