URI parsing

John Carter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 14:04:20 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 10:19:08 UTC, John C wrote:
> In fact, I'm surprised there isn't one in Phobos yet.

Different John C here :-)

I'm sadly forced to do a bit of C++ recently and found they don't
have one in the standard library either...

That feels archaic and out of the 1980's compared to the
ecosystem around Ruby or Perl.

The downstream fallout of refusing to just "pick one", is that
packages depending on such functionality each "roll their own",
and users have to provide compatibility shims all over the place.

Part of the success of Ruby has been it comes "With Batteries
included".