Ranges and Take

Jacob via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 16:19:27 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 02:16:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 00:10:39 Jacob via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> Having access to iterators would solve the problem here I
>> think. But everything is ranges and that wouldn't entirely
>> fit. For a linked list though, you can create a range from a
>> single iterator. The implementation of DList's Range is pretty
>> much two iterators. Oh well, have to implement my own anyways
>> I guess, since DList uses the garbage collector.
>
> A replacement for std.container is in the works, but who knows
> when that will be done (or whether the result will really be
> what you want anyway). In the interim, I'd recommend checking
> out
>
> http://code.dlang.org/packages/emsi_containers
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Well I also need it to support noncopyable types. Which right now
isInputRange (and other ranges) doesn't allow if "front" returns
a reference. I found that it was already posted here a year or
two back so I guess it isn't a priority to fix.