Required DMD changes for Mir and few thoughts about D future

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 8 11:45:44 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 8 October 2016 at 17:28:14 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 20:11:19 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>> Yes, the same true for Mir too. A precompiled library based on
>> top of Mir GLAS can be used with DMD.
>
> Is this feasible, i.e. is there a finite amount of kernels that
> we can precompile and use?
> I thought the kernels were fully template generated, but your
> idea suggests sth. different.

Mir is generic library and it will have few dub configurations.
For example a configuration which provides precompiled extern(C)
BLAS API for common types. This is useful for D as for other
languages like C or Julia. In addition, it allows to have few
precompiled versions, optimized for different CPUs: x87, SSE2,
AVX intel, AVX amd, AVX2 intel, AVX2 amd, and etc. The proper
configuration may be chosen RT or CT.