__Symbol an alternative to recursive templates for type-introsecption

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 9 23:24:59 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-09 15:52, Stefan Koch wrote:

> Walter would rather die. Then see ast-macros in D.

Yeah, unfortunately. Instead a lot of features are proposed and some
implement that all could be implement using macros. At the same time
complaining that macros are complex. That's making the language complex
is implementing a lot of small features that could have been implemented
with a generic solution instead.

> I must say they would probably be worse then templates, in regards of
> compile-time bloating.

It's difficult to say without implementing and testing it out.

--
/Jacob Carlborg