Code signing to help with Windows virus false positives

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 10 18:37:55 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 20 August 2016 at 13:45:11 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> "to MSI using innosetup" ?
>
> There's a misunderstanding here. Inno setup doesn't compile to
> MS installer, it's a complete independant solution.

Whatever makes more sense. From my very limited understanding
.msi installers are natively understood installers in Windows,
and the weapon of choice for robust and more professional
installers.
If innosetup is just another NSIS like tool, it might not solve
all our problems.

We're fairly clueless here and could really use help here.

Just signing the NSIS installers could work for now, any support
for this hypothesis.
I tried to submit the latest release as sample to Microsoft but
their file upload had a size limit smaller than the binary.