Reducing the cost of autodecoding

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 13 05:26:30 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-13 03:26, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Yah, shouldn't go in object.d as it's fairly niche. On the other hand
> defining a new module for two functions seems excessive unless we have a
> good theme. On the third hand we may find an existing module that's
> topically close. Thoughts? -- Andrei

I think it should be a new module. I think core.intrinsics, as Stefan
suggested, sounds like a good idea. I don't think having a module with
only two functions is a problem, assuming we expect more of these functions.

We already have that case with core.attribute [1], which only have _one_
attribute defined.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/master/src/core/attribute.d#L54

--
/Jacob Carlborg