New encryption block...

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 17 01:46:36 PDT 2016

On Monday, 17 October 2016 at 08:20:23 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 at 10:34:52 UTC, Era Scarecrow
> wrote:
>> Maybe it would be better for random number generation rather
>> than secure encryption? Not sure.
>
> It's used in windows CRNG to compute a big hash of big amount
> of entropy.
>
> BTW if you encrypt something twice, isn't it decryption?

  No, not unless they are mapped in a way where x becomes y, and y
becomes x. Like ROT13, that would result in decryption as
encryption, or if the XOR is used twice then it's decryption or
redundant.

  Trust me what I'm doing is considerably more complex, encrypting
multiple times won't get you the original value (for a very very
long time, unless you have a very poor set of RNG inputs)

  You know I can't help but remember the last time I got into
encryption with Semeir, where it would create a number of
circular chains of different lengths and then the rotation of
where it would move to for encrypting would change based on not
only the last character it encrypted but how far along in the
stream it was. (Originally stream encryption, not block
encryption). Alas breaking large data down into smaller and
larger blocks (6 bit, 12 bit, 20 bit, etc) and encrypting each
with a different set of keys was... time consuming, and it really
was over my head... I doubt anyone uses it, although if they do I
can almost guarantee no one can break it due to it's obscureness
:P