I close DIP27. I won't be pursuing DIPs anymore

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 17 01:57:54 PDT 2016

On Monday, 17 October 2016 at 08:29:27 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/17/2016 12:58 AM, Joakim wrote:
>> I hope we can set up some kind of DIP review process where
>> Mihails and other
>> well-known community members, like Jonathan, Timon, Steven, or
>> Amaury himself,
>> can whip DIPs into shape before Walter and Andrei have to
>> spend their valuable
>> time reviewing them.
>
> That process is what Mihails is in charge of. It's a difficult
> and thankless job, as it attracts criticism from all sides. We
> are lucky that Mihails has taken on the challenge. He has my
> full confidence and support.

I know of the new DIP process and that Mihails is running it:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs

That's great, but I'm referring to the community helping Mihails
more.  Here are the counts for how many DIP PRs the above
well-known community members commented on:

Mihails: 12
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr%20dicebot
Jonathan: 0
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr%20jonathan
Timon: 0
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr%20timon
Steven: 1
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr%20steven
Amaury: 2
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr%20deadalnix

This is not meant as a criticism of those people: it's merely a
random sample of outspoken forum members, to show that Mihails
could use some help.  My own count is 0, I'll try to change that.

More people from the forum who feel strongly about changes should
chip in and help Mihails, that's all I'm saying.