I close BIP27. I won't be pursuing BIPs anymore

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 17 21:34:35 PDT 2016

On 10/17/2016 7:54 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> You mean like that time I spent at least 2 years fighting for
> final-by-default, won over the entire community except for a single
> person who said they were indifferent (who I forget who was).
> Even you begrudgingly conceded (or at least appeared to), the change
> was implemented, reviewed, merged, and then Andrei appeared back from
> holiday or wherever, and got angry that it happened in his absence and
> said he would *never* approve such a thing, and immediately reverted
> the patch...?
>
> One of the most democratic experiences of my life ;)
>
> I would be involved in the 'scope' DIP, but I fear my contribution
> would work against my interests. I'm currently unhappy with it, but I
> don't really care anymore. I've lost sight of the dream ;)
> I just want to be able to pass an rvalue to a function that receives a
> const ref... that's why I came to this forum in the first place like,
> 7 years ago. 7 years later... still can't.

You've gotten user defined attributes in the language (and very
undemocratically, I might add!), Win64 support, VC++ symbolic debug info, a
number of improvements to C++ class support, SIMD support, SIMD intrinsics,
pragma inline, yeah, we never listen to you :-)

You've been a large influence over D, and a very positive one.