I close BIP27. I won't be pursuing BIPs anymore

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 19 02:11:14 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 at 05:41:17 UTC, Manu wrote:
> People just want to be able to do this:
>
>   void f(ref const(Vector) v);
>
>   f(v1 + v2);
>
> or:
>
>   f(Vector(10,20,30));
>
> That is all. The rval produces a temporary, and the temporary
> is passed to the function.

Probably worth pointing out that we laid it out exactly like this
to Walter and Andrei at DConf, and how not having it made the
Quantum Break animation code (all of which is 3D math) a pain to
write thanks to having to define the temporary variables
yourself. Especially when you're calling bound C++ functions and
the programmers involved could compare it to C++ directly saying
"Why can't we do this?"

This was actually a use case that had not been considered before,
as it turns out.