I close BIP27. I won't be pursuing BIPs anymore

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 19 03:02:11 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 at 09:34:39 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I dunno how it could have not been considered, since it was the
> exact
> example I've given every time, and the exact case that
> motivated my first
> (and many subsequent) posts on this forum back when we still
> worked at
> Krome.. all this time later I *still* just wanna call functions
> in games
> engines that receive a vector or matrix ;)

Well, it could very well have been the specifics as we laid it
out that weren't considered, ie avoiding temporary variables that
we never use again; and taking by const reference to avoid
copying the struct to the stack (whether just created or already
previously stored on the stack etc).

Win64 also has the __vectorcall calling convention, but that
doesn't help in cases where you pass in several matrices as
inputs for example. And it's not portable to other viable gaming
platforms.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn375768.aspx