Wait-free queue

Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 19 03:33:09 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 18:03:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Interesting work:
> http://concurrencyfreaks.blogspot.com/2016/10/crturn-queue-first-mpmc-memory.html -- Andrei

I could not help but paste something from the paper: "We chose
C++14 because
it is a native language that is supported by most recent compilers
and has a well defined memory model and atomics API, which
makes the code portable across different architectures without any
modification and without introducing CPU specific memory fences."

Conclusion:
D needs a serious document (specification) explaining the memory
model!