I close BIP27. I won't be pursuing BIPs anymore

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 20 09:21:58 PDT 2016

On 10/17/2016 05:44 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> On Monday, 17 October 2016 at 02:08:44 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Listen, I understand you are not interested in spending loads of time
>> on boring polishing of formalities. We all do this in our spare time
>> so that is to be expected.
>>

> I spent fuck 4;5 years on that thing. Don't come at me saying I'm not
> interested in polishing it. I'm not interested in wasting my time.
> That's entirely different.

You did a rather terrible job if that DIP document was a result of 4.5
year effort. And that is the most polite thing I can say about such
statement.

Let's make it clear - https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/16 featured a
great idea and that was the ONLY positive bit about it. Structure and
clarity of explanations are plain terrible. It looks more like throwing
in the proposal with "now you go figure it out" attitude than a formal
document.

You never took requests to make it more clear to the heart, making only
trivial tweaks. Clear signs of how DIP is lacking in clarity (the very
irrelevant comments and long pause times) are now interpreted as process
issue, but in fact those are your personal issue as DIP author.

If you think those demands are not acceptable - new process was not
designed for you and I am happy I have not wasted more of my time trying
to get it into shape.