Binding temporaries to ref [WAS: I close BIP27. I won't be pursuing BIPs anymore]

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 20 15:26:45 PDT 2016

> The combinatorial explosion was one core motivation for C++ rvalue references. I
> think the authors of the would-be DIP would do good to be conversant with that
> proposal. -- Andrei

"However, as the number of free parameters grows (as in bind and function), this
solution quickly grows impractical. The number of overloads required increases
exponentially with the number of parameters (2N where N is the number of
parameters)."

Proposal:

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1690.html

Spec changes: