Why are homepage examples too complicated?

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 21 03:24:40 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 21:52:09 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 10/20/2016 04:16 PM, Karabuta wrote:

> We can't assume all beginners come from imperative languages. D
> beginners may come from languages where the idiomatic way of
> doing things is by means of pipelines. Generally it's not worth
> debating this because there's so little evidence to dwell on -
> please let's keep both and move with our lives. Thanks! --
> Andrei

Today many people don't even want to see a for-loop. What we
could do, though, is to give an example of each common or
"expected" feature (OOP, functional, concurrency, memory model
etc.), so that people see immediately that they can do A, B _and_
C in D :-)