Pattern matching in D?

default0 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 21 05:17:30 PDT 2016

On Friday, 21 October 2016 at 11:49:42 UTC, Mark wrote:
> On Friday, 21 October 2016 at 06:50:26 UTC, Dennis Ritchie
> wrote:
>> Previously, there were ideas on the implementation of macros
>> in D, but now they are no longer relevant:
>> http://s3.amazonaws.com/dconf2007/WalterAndrei.pdf
>
> AST macros are permanently off the table?

Unless you find a way to convince Walter and Andrei that its not
gonna result in everyone defining their own sub-language within
D, making D code harder to read for others and/or have good
reasons for things they enable that currently cannot be done
(read: have rather ugly and laborious/error-prone workarounds or
simply no workarounds at all while being desirable things to want
to do).

At least as far as I remember those were the main points they
were on about :o)