State of issues.dlang.org

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 25 00:56:37 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 at 03:17:02 UTC, Jacob wrote:

1. The vast, vast majority of problems attributed to
collaboration software are actually the fault of a lack of
communication skills. This situation is no different. Changing
the software will not fix any problems in organization or
curation. Most the features you call useless are not useless in
of themselves, but are "useless" because people don't use them.

99% of all collaboration could be done in excel if you have good
communication skills.

2. We don't have the manpower to have a completely curated
system. Any energy spent curating would be better spent fixing
bugs.

3. It serves its purpose well in that very bad bugs that are
reported with detail are fixed quickly.

4. Many people follow the bug feed on the forum, so a bug is
almost always looked at at least once. Most bugs are usually
considered not very high in priority, and so it's up to the
volunteers to come in and fix them. Core team members are focused
on regressions, new issues, and really bad bugs. Most of them
don't have time for enhancements.

5. If you see an issue that doesn't have enough detail to be
fixed, then close it.

6. No one is stopping you from putting together a better idea. I
look forward to your DIP on the subject.