Namespace for a module defined by its import path

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 26 01:09:39 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 at 07:14:30 UTC, Jeff Thompson
wrote:
> This will force the application to use either one version or
> the other. As I said, it's a large application. I different
> parts of the same application to be able to import the version
> they need.

Unless there are some part of the application that cannot be
updated for some reason, I would strongly advice against this, in
D or any other language.

The cost of upgrading some piece of code to use the new version
of the library is far lower than the cost of ongoing maintenance
of many version of that library.

In D specifically, I'm not sure what people will come up with,
but at the end, if you have the same symbol defined in several
version of the library, you are going to be very sorry.