The build is broken when using gcc 6

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 26 21:57:37 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 04:33:30AM +0000, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 October 2016 at 02:36:13 UTC, Stefam Koch wrote:
>
> > Trivial.
> > Fix is comeing.
>
> Okay it was less trivial then it should have been.
> Great job gcc.

I complained about this a few months ago and was basically told to suck
it up and go away. Glad to see I wasn't the idiot I was told I was.

Lately I found out about a more reliable way to detect gcc version:

	gcc -dumpversion

This should be much easier to parse, and much more reliable to test,
than trying to parse the output of `gcc --version` from inside a
makefile.

If it tastes good, it's probably bad for you.