State of issues.dlang.org

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 29 11:09:21 PDT 2016

On 10/29/2016 07:14 PM, Jacob wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 at 13:04:22 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
>> On 10/25/2016 05:17 AM, Jacob wrote:
>> I think you're mistaken in thinking that no one looks at issues. I
>> usually at least glance over newly filed ones, and often check if
>> they're valid.
>
> Let me rephrase that then, no one does anything about the issues. I look
> at a lot of issues to, some that can easily be answered and the issue
> closed. But that's the problem, everyone is just an observer and no one
> does anything.

Of course, I also close them if they're invalid, add tags, minimize test
cases. And sometimes I can even just fix the issue. You're very welcome
to do the same. If you see issues that can be answered and closed,
please do so. This is a problem of manpower.

That said, if you want to help out, fixing compiler bugs would probably
be more effective than doing janitor's work on Bugzilla issues. It's
also a lot harder, as far as I can tell.