Minimizing "reserved" words

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 31 14:22:00 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-31 21:53, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> The plan is to deprecate .init as an overridable method or field, and
> then remove support (i.e. .init ALWAYS refers to the compile-generated
> init instance). First step is for Phobos/druntime to eradicate all uses
> of it.

I suspected this was the plan. My post was about that there are other
built-in properties that have the same problem. Also that the solution,
to not make them overridable, might not be the best solution. The
current implementation (built-in properties) don't add much advantage
but has the disadvantage of taking up an additional word as reserved.

--
/Jacob Carlborg