Low level unit test library in druntime

ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 1 09:50:40 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 at 16:38:15 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On 09/01/2016 07:17 PM, ZombineDev wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't even think fixing package reflection would truly help
>>> here because there exist legit D projects that don't
>>> transitively import all modules from `main` and recursive
>>> compile-time visiting of all symbols would miss them.

>> Not a problem, since you can do things like this:
>
> It is exactly _THE_ problem. You can't have the imaginary test
> runner to reliably find all tests automatically, at least all
> compiled modules have to be listed explicitly. This is not
> good, thus I am inclined to call extending RTTI an only viable
> long-term solution.

Ooh, I thought that by "fixing package reflection" Atila meant
the ability to get a list of all modules/packages that the
compiler knows about, assuming an all at once compilation. For
things like dynamic libraries and incremental compilation,
there's obviously no other way than RTTI. But for many use-cases
CT reflection should be enough.