DIP1001: DoExpression

Cauterite via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 3 09:38:17 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 3 September 2016 at 16:10:16 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> .. and from what I've seen, it seems to be the case that just
> about only the only folks who read it correctly are the ones
> who use it frequently ..

You know what else is easy to misread?

{
     x;
     y;
     return z;
}();

Because until you reach the () at the end you have no idea
whether this is supposed to be an anonymous function to be called
elsewhere or a series of statements to be executed right now.

Sure, the comma expression isn't used very often, but when I do
need to use it I don't want to have to put garbage syntax like
that in my code. When you're reading code and you see `do(` you
know straight away what's going on.