Usability of "allMembers and derivedMembers traits now only return visible symbols"

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 3 20:56:37 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 3 September 2016 at 19:31:12 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> That can usually be solved using .tupleof[i], but I agree.

Well, .tupleof gives you a typed representation of the memory
layout, to me it's something different than qualified access of
fields, just a safer mean to access memory. And sure you can
always memcpy data.
Also introspection works on .tupleof, so it's not affected by the
allMembers change and it's awkward to mix them b/c names and
layout don't have a simple 1-to-1 relation.