ADL

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 4 13:22:22 PDT 2016

> Might be a sensible enhancement. Removing artificial limitations is good
> programming language design. Turtles! -- Andrei

The design of executable function bodies is very much "declare before use",
quite unlike at the declaration levels which is all "order is not relevant".
Changing this will have consequences (such as our discussion of exactly when a
declaration becomes valid), and I just feel that function code is just easier to
understand if "declare before use" is the rule, because that is how we reason
about how it is executed.

Besides, I showed a method of how the overloads could be done with the existing
language.