ADL

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 4 22:29:01 PDT 2016

On 9/4/2016 9:23 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I already worked-around my problems. But the point of my post is that
> I feel the problem is of very high importance. I don't think the
> situation is okay, since we're making design recommendations that lead
> straight to these problems. And these modern D design patterns are the
> thing in D I'm most excited about, and keen to share with
> not-yet-D-users.

Try the solutions I proposed - they aren't the ones you have been using. Give
'em a chance!

As pointed out, C++ ADL is an awkward feature with ugly corner cases. If we add
it to D, we'll be forevermore stuck with that. The library solutions presented
here do work, and don't suffer from those problems.