Struct default constructor - need some kind of solution for C++ interop

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 6 06:57:27 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 6 September 2016 at 13:44:37 UTC, Ethan Watson wrote:
> [...]
> Suggestions?

Of course I don't know which level of usability you want to
achieve, but I think that in this case your bind system, when
binding a default ctor, could use @disable this() and define a
factory method (do static opCall work?) that calls the C++ ctor.

It's not as good-looking as a true default ctor, but it doesn't
provide any way to introduce bugs and it's not that bad (just a
couple key strokes).