We need to enhance the standard library!

Brian via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 7 04:23:42 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 06:51:40 UTC, Daniel Kozak
wrote:
> Dne 7.9.2016 v 07:58 Brian via Digitalmars-d napsal(a):
>
>> Standard library thin! The lack of a lot of commonly used
>> functions! For example, HTTP client, database abstraction
>> layer, mail delivery, Mathematical calculation standard
>> library.
>>
>> We can refer to the implementation of some of the standard
>> library golang/java/rust, so that the whole language active up:
>>
>> Https://golang.org/pkg/
>> Https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/
>> Https://doc.rust-lang.org/std/
>
> No, I do not agree that we need HTTP client, database
> abstraction layer and mail delivery in standard library, those
> shoud be just packages idealy available from code.dlang.org,
> but what I think should be part of standard library is some
> form of async IO

Fully rely on third party to promote the D language ecology? Why
Java popular, why golang hot? Don't understand reflection!

My studio have collie( https://github.com/putaolabs/collie ) &
hunt framework ( https://github.com/putaolabs/hunt ), but I think
it's far from enough!