We need to enhance the standard library!

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 7 12:01:23 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 15:22:01 UTC, Jack Stouffer
wrote:

> 2. Everything but the math library is extremely prone to change
> within a couple of years and is therefore not really a good
> candidate for standardization. There's a reason that there are
> three different ways to connect to a MySQL database within the
> PHP standard library: they tried to standardize something that
> shouldn't really be standardized.

Almost every "standard" evolves (e.g. USB, 3GPP, etc) and are
subject to change in subsequent releases. Stopping the progress
is not a case in good standardization process.

As for PHP, it did most things wrong. What I mean is if one of
car manufactures makes bad cars shouldn't we use all of them.

Piotrek