Templates are slow.

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 7 23:51:26 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 at 06:34:58 UTC, Sebastien Alaiwan
wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 September 2016 at 05:02:38 UTC, Stefan Koch
> wrote:
>> (Don't do this preemptively, ONLY when you know that this
>> template is a problem!)
>
> How would you measure such things?
> Is there such a thing like a "compilation time profiler" ?
>
> (Running oprofile on a dmd with debug info comes first to mind
> ; however, this would only give me statistics on dmd's source
> code, not mine.)

I use a special profilng-build of dmd.
oprofile on dmd can give you a good first impression of where you
run into problems and then you can wirte special profiling code
for this.
If you do not want to write such code send me a message and I
will look into it for you :)