Struct default constructor - need some kind of solution for C++ interop

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 8 00:52:58 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 21:05:32 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> 5. In my not-so-humble opinion, construction should never fail
> and all constructors should be nothrow, but I understand that
> is a minority viewpoint

100% agree there. I can't think of any class in our C++ codebase
that fails construction, and it's a pretty common rule in the
games industry to not assert/throw exceptions during construction.

Of course, with Binderoo being open sourced, I can't guarantee
any of my end users will be just as disciplined.