Use of StackOverflow

Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 8 09:57:46 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 at 13:22:15 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Thursday, September 08, 2016 09:54:16 Russel Winder via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Do people operate on StackOverflow for D questions and answers?
>
> Yes. D is about the only reason that I pay attention to SO
> anymore. There are several folks who post here who answer D
> questions on SO, and there are typically at least a few
> questions a week to answer. I would think though that it would
> be more effective for folks to ask questions on D.Learn,

IMHO, it is much more pleasant to lookup questions on SO because
the answer is easily found, instead of being buried in a forum
thread 3 pages down.
So, against effectiveness, I'd advice people to ask questions on
SO, for my own benefit ;)

-Johan