colour lib needs reviewers

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 12 07:37:54 PDT 2016

On 09/12/2016 12:14 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I think I'm about as happy with my colour lib as I'm going to be.
> It really needs reviews.

Upon a quick look it seems to have the right amount of "notes", as
Emperor Joseph II would say. Well balanced, nothing jumping at you. Nice
work. Regarding Phobos suitability: One thing I'd like to hear from the
community is the applicability of this work. I know very little about
colors (only the RGB was familiar from HTML etc, but then there was no
YUL), but that doesn't mean much. The library is quite isolated from the
rest of Phobos, e.g. a stronger case would be made if there were some
std.experimental.canvas package which uses the color package. Or at
least a std.experimental.terminal package or something. A good case for
inclusion would motivate the presence of the library as a catalyst for
many user-level abstractions. -- Andrei