colour lib needs reviewers

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 12 11:52:42 PDT 2016

On Monday, 12 September 2016 at 14:12:35 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Note also that I didn't do any YUV formats (this case you
> discuss is usually related to older broadcast formats)...
> didn't know if they'd be particularly useful to people. At
> least, it's not in my initial offering.

As someone who had to write lots of code involving such video
color spaces, I'd say to don't bother.
- Video engineers will write their own highly-optimized version
anyway,
- Dynamic range is indeed very often 16-235 / 16-240 but often
with no meta-date allowing to know if this is the case,
- you often don't want clamping on each intermediate results