iPhone vs Android

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 12 18:04:06 PDT 2016

On Monday, 12 September 2016 at 22:57:23 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> (a) it is likely that in the future more code will run on
> portable, battery-powered systems;

Completely agree, it's why I've been working on the Android port.

> (b) battery power does not follow a Moore trajectory, so at
> this point in history demand for battery lifetime is elastic.

Not Moore, but you never know what is around the bend:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/19/smartphone-batteries-with-twice-the-life-may-arrive-in-2017/
https://www.engadget.com/2016/04/22/accidental-discovery-batteries-last-years-longer/

But yes, Moore's law is hitting fundamental limits and batteries
will never match that growth curve, so efficiency will be at a
premium in the coming years.