iPhone vs Android

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 13 00:53:20 PDT 2016

On Monday, 12 September 2016 at 22:57:23 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> It follows that the latter needs more memory for the same
> performance, and is more jerky in behavior than the former.
> Wondering to what extent this is true.

The rule of thumb is that for efficient operation an advanced GC
consumes twice the used memory. Also without card marking D GC
scans entire heap every collection, which adds to energy
consumption. I'm leaning towards arena allocator.