colour lib needs reviewers

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 14 04:13:33 PDT 2016

Am Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:36:12 +1000
schrieb Manu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> On 14 September 2016 at 04:34, Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > JavaScript's canvas works that way for
> > example. I.e. the only pixel format is RGBA for simplicity's
> > sake and I'm not surprised it actually draws something if I
> > load it with a 24-bit graphic. ;)
>
> Given this example, isn't it the job of the image loader to populate
> the image with data?2
> […]

I admit is was a constructed example. You can't load an image
directly into a HTML5 canvas. Shame on me.

> You'll notice I didn't add arithmetic operators to the HSx type ;)
> If you have HSx colors,  and want to do arithmetic, cast it to RGB first.

Now that you say it, yes I was wondering how the arithmetics
work since I couldn't find any opBinary.

> I went through a brief phase where I thought about adding an angle
> type (beside normint), but I felt it was overkill.
> I still wonder if it's the right thing to do though... some type that
> understands a circle, and making angle arithmetic work as expected.

I see. I'm also wondering what equality means for a color with
floating point hue 10° and another with hue 730°. I guess it
is ok the way it is now, because wrapping the values doesn't
guarantee they map to the same value either. Floating point
equality is flawed either way.

--
Marco