The worst Phobos template (in binderoo)

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 14 23:08:33 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 at 20:28:13 UTC, Stefan Koch
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 at 20:24:13 UTC, Stefan Koch
> wrote:
>
>> I would like to see users of fullyQualifiedName because apart
>> from binderoo code which seems to work, I have none.
>
> That was supposed to say : I would like to see [test cases
> from] users of fullyQulifiedName.

I wrote a type overload of it long time ago to be used in vibe.d
REST interface generator - combined with static imports it
ensured symbol hygienne. Though it possible current
implementation doesn't use it anymore.

Intended semantics was to be as close to this as possible:

mixin("alias T2 = " ~ fqn!T);
static assert(is(T2 == T));

In that sense builtin trait could be a better option.