colour lib needs reviewers

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 15 07:37:05 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-15 08:44, Walter Bright wrote:

> The original idea was to be able to write documentation without needing
> many macros, if any. Such as this I wrote recently:
>
> /**
>  * Provides a safe interface to the Posix stat() function.
>  *
>  * Detailed description that I didn't write for this function,
>  * but this is where it goes.
>  *
>  * Another paragraph.
>  *
>  * Params:
>  *    path = file name
>  *    buf = stat instance to be filled in
>  * Returns:
>  *    0 for success, system errno for error
>  */
>
> I suspect that adding Markdown would help a lot (yes, I changed my mind
> about that). Also auto-detecting email addresses and urls and turning
> them into clickable links would help.

Yeah, if you already have defined all the standard ddoc macros because
the default styling is not useful at all.

This is an example of the documentation generator for Ruby called Yard
[1]. The default output view/style might not be the best in the world
but I think it's pretty good. Here's an example of how to write the
documentation [2].

[1] http://www.rubydoc.info/gems/httparty/0.14.0/HTTParty/ClassMethods
[2] http://www.rubydoc.info/gems/yard/file/docs/GettingStarted.md

--