colour lib needs reviewers

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 15 11:22:18 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 at 20:14:48 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 09/14/2016 09:47 AM, Meta wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 at 13:28:23 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>> Cheers.
>>> Yeah, I need to do better with ddoc.
>>>
>>> ... I'm just gonna go on the record and say that I am really,
>>> really
>>> not enjoying ddoc ;)
>>
>> I can't say I'm a fan either.
>
> Why? -- Andrei

The syntax is clunky and it's poorly documented. I've been
lurking this mailing list since late 2012 and sporadically
contributing since late 2013, and I had no idea you could do
something like your example for Manu using DDOC. It seems like a
real case of NiH syndrome; there are plenty of more widely used
systems that would probably fit D just fine, but instead we have
our own special macro documentation language. Really the only
thing DDOC has going for it in comparison to something like
Doxygen, IMO, is momentum. It's just too much of a pain to switch
now.