iPhone vs Android

R via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 15 14:59:33 PDT 2016

On Monday, 12 September 2016 at 22:57:23 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> [snip] If it is, that provides more impetus for reference
> counting for D by the following logic: (a) it is likely that in
> the future more code will run on portable, battery-powered
> systems; (b) battery power does not follow a Moore trajectory,
> so at this point in history demand for battery lifetime is
> elastic.
>

> Andrei

I'm keen on reference counting because of embedded and bare-metal
programming so I'm super keen on D having a short reference long
garbage standard. I guess we already do this to some extent with
scope etc.

Battery life can last for years in some of the new embedded
devices but most languages targeting the M0 etc are really
archaic, I have seen a rust port somewhere... but if I'm honest I
only really care for D so I really want LDC -> ARM M0 etc... :D