ddoc latex/formulas?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 16 11:30:25 PDT 2016

On 09/16/2016 01:25 PM, bachmeier wrote:
> On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 16:03:44 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>
>> It isn't really a difficult process and it is only 62 lines of code in
>> my doc gen source. I don't do as much validation as Wikipedia but even
>> if it were to, it'd just be a larger source file, no real trouble for
>> the end user.
>>

>> This isn't really a difficult problem!
>
> I think that's better as a third-party tool though. MathJax and KaTeX
> require no changes to the current workflow. You have to be able to build
> your documentation using DMD. If someone prefers images, they can run
> their .d file through your option, and be responsible for the additional
> setup.

Also, a bitmap image format that does not match article text in font
size, does not usually have proper baseline alignment for inline math,
is not as well anti-aliased as article text, can only be copied and
pasted by right-clicking on the PNG and choosing "Information about
image" and then selecting the "Associated text" to copy (in Firefox),
and does not change color when part of a link.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Rendering_math) -- Andrei