colour lib needs reviewers

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 16 11:32:34 PDT 2016

On 09/16/2016 12:07 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-09-16 16:39, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> Jacob, would you want to try your hand at tweaking the defaults? They
>> are in a string in https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/master/src/doc.d.
>> Clearly there's agreement these can be improved, and it's incredibly
>> more productive to just improve the content instead of arguing how it
>> could. Thanks!! -- Andrei
>
> My design skills are quite limited. The theme I'm using for TextMate is
> basically the same as Apple is using for their documentation. But now
> when I tried to find a link to it, I see that they've changed the design.
>
> If I can use what I already have it might not be that much work.

That would be awesome!

> Two questions:
>
> * Can we have DMD output a separate CSS file? What will avoid the colon
> issue mentioned before and avoid the need to have 300-500 lines of CSS
> code in each HTML document

I'd say we start without a separate CSS file. When the need for it
becomes obvious, we can do that. What would be great is that your
initiative isn't forestalled by the need for some other work.

> * Can we create a new macro which will be used for each source code line
> in examples enclosed in "---"? That would allow to add line numbers with
> CSS

We can, and we should (there are js solutions too). Again, let's get the
ball rolling and amplify this as needed.

Thanks!

Andrei