ddoc latex/formulas?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 16 14:02:26 PDT 2016

On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 20:25:33 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> The advantage of ddoc is generating documentation from that
> file with a single call to dmd.

dmd could just as well call executeShell as another program.

> dependencies, you either have to include it with DMD or allow
> the documentation to break as soon as someone adds an equation.

No, then it will just fallback to what it does today.

That is what my program already does: if latex isn't available
(if the call to executeShell fails), it outputs the plain text,
which can still be processed by Javascript if you wish. You've
lost nothing by trying to produce the image and gained a lot of
convenience for the author and usability for the reader if it
does work. dmd can do exactly the same thing.

Y'all are letting the nonexistent perfect be the enemy of the
easily implemented good.