PBR for Audio Software Interfaces

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 17 08:41:24 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 17 September 2016 at 09:26:50 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> In this post, I describe the software renderer available in
> Dplug:
> https://www.auburnsounds.com/blog/2016-09-16_PBR-for-Audio-Software-Interfaces.html

Isn't that rather a lot of work to be doing? In my experience
with audio work, reducing any and all cpu usage - even in low
priority threads - was useful in getting stability at low
latencies. Even when not considering latency, I was often limited
by cpu throughput when getting towards the end of a mix (of
course can render/freeze things, but that's not always possible
or convenient).