consequences of removing semicolons in D like in Python

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 17 09:43:13 PDT 2016

On 09/17/2016 09:38 AM, eugene wrote:
> because a programmer will have a choice of writing or not semicolons, as
> one anyway presses "Enter" why not to use it as a line separator, and
> one who likes to type semicolons won't be confused if there is backward
> compatibility

Other people have already explained the reasons. It all just comes down
to one thing: There's a class of programmers who will never stop griping
about trivialities like "Oh my god, I have to type a semicolon?! How
horrible!"

Can we drop the matter already and get back to something a little bit
less worthless like tabs vs spaces. If semicolons are such a terrible
drain, there's always JS and Python. Have fun.