[OT] Brokerage for the D Language Foundation

dewitt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 17 18:04:16 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 17 September 2016 at 16:58:31 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 09/17/2016 12:53 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> That's how I hear it worked in the 50's, but does anyone but
>> the brokers
>> ever gain any real interest from such accounts anymore? From
>> everything
>> I've ever seen and heard, they pretty much all now work such
>> that
>> basically all the earnings get scooped off the top by the
>> banks/brokers
>> themselves (who don't assume any of the risk themselves
>> anymore) leaving
>> the original investor with nothing more than their original
>> invested
>> amount. Brokers and managed accounts are turning into the new
>> "savings"
>> account anymore, you'd (literally) earn more annually just
>> picking up
>> the loose change you see in a parking lot.
>
> Are you referring to full service brokers, money managers,
> investment advisors, and the such? We're not looking for such,
> only an online brokerage that allow us to do our own
> stocks/funds investments. -- Andrei

If you are actively trading I like Interactive Brokers.  I know u
mentioned before about doing some day trading so they are also
good for that.  If you looking for a more buy and hold strategy
for the Foundation then I would just choose which one has lower
cost ETFs and trade commissions.
https://www.interactivebrokers.com