[WORK] std.file.update function

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 18 23:33:32 PDT 2016

On Monday, 19 September 2016 at 05:16:37 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> I'd love to design our own high speed formats, but then they'd
> be incompatible with everybody else's.

I'd like that as well.

I recently had a look at the ELF and the COFF file formats both
are definitely in need of rework and dust-off :-)

There are some nice things we could do if we had certain features
on every platform, wrt. linking and symbol-tables.

However the maintenance burden is a bit heavy we don't have
enough menpower as it is.