The removal of inactive forum groups

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 19 02:55:16 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 18 September 2016 at 13:17:33 UTC, Dennis Ritchie
wrote:
> Hi, all
> It seems to me that a group of `Beta` should be removed,
> because the last activity in this group dated November 30, 2015:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/565BC28C.8080806@dawg.eu
>
> Group `Study` is also not very active, so it would be logical
> to move it higher than it is situated now, or otherwise
> reorganize the forum. Of course, at the very bottom of the
> forum group is doomed to `extinction`.
>
> Any thoughts?

I tried a reorganization a couple of months ago:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/gkunyofqycjkgepjznyi@forum.dlang.org

It didn't work out, because there are there busy people involved:
Walter for the NNTP server, Brad for the mailing list (IIRC) and
CyberShadow for the forum interface.